Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Aesop Rock and Alabama Shakes.

Hello, readers. It is I, Stevie, of the best friend duo. Sorry I haven't been posting as much as Shelby has. But that should be changing soon!

This post will be reviews on rapper Aesop Rock and the up and coming band, Alabama Shakes.

No, not Asap Rocky, who sort of stole Aesop Rock's name. But Aesop Rock. The rapper who first debuted in the super early 2000's.

Wow, when I started writing this post, my boyfriend called to Facetime me and I was listening to Aesop Rock, writing this post, and then he just started a rap battle with me. I just got sidetracked. Sorry, y'all. Rap battles are healthy for all relationships.

Anyways, Aesop Rock is a bit of a blast from the past, and he's pretty good. His lyrics are a bit hard to follow (or at least on my first listen, they have been), but I kind of like it. Odd Future reminds me a bit of Aesop, but he doesn't have that "rebellious"(I guess you could call it) sort of tone to his lyrics. He's a great listen, if you're in a rap kind of mood.

Alabama Shakes. They were my great find last weekend. They have a bit of a bluesy/folk feel, with a some rock sprinkled over it. Their debut album, Boys & Girls, is what I'm currently super into. The vocals are so powerful, the music easy listening to. It just makes you feel good. If you're into The Black Keys, you'll totally love Alabama Shakes. Go on. Check them out now on Spotify. You'll thank me later.


No comments:

Post a Comment