Search This Blog

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Love Prevails

Today, while sitting on a bed of pebbles in my backyard, I overheard my four year old neighbor tell his father something that I don't think I'll be able to "unhear," for quite a while. As the 11-o'-clock sun beat down on me, with my matted hair and pajama pants, I heard little (we'll call him) Daniel exclaim, "I hate you!" His father paused for about half a beat, before laughing and saying, "no, you don't, Danny." Daniel didn't have to think twice about it, because he simply said, "yes, I do."
Now, whether the boy meant it or not, I was still unable to register that this toddler actually thought that he felt such a distain toward his father. I'm not sure how their relationship will work out as Daniel matures, but I wish them the best. I would like to dedicate this post to the people, places, and things I love.

In the meantime, here are some photos that represent one of my favorite months. 

Have a peaceful Thanksgiving. As Ellen says, be kind to one another. Thank you for reading, and please remember to be thankful and appreciative. 







Xx
Shelby Alice


No comments:

Post a Comment