Search This Blog

Thursday, December 13, 2012

XXYYXX and Rain

Most natives in San Diego really have no idea how to drive in the rain. That is a fact. They have the tendency to drive too slow or too fast or cut in front of everyone or get so unbelievably antsy. It's quite annoying for the few natives who DO know how to drive in the San Diego rain. 

Today's "storm" was no difference (Yes, today could be considered a storm; the flooding on the curb almost went up to the sidewalk). Actually, this storm was different. It was about 10 times worse than all of the other storms I have ever experienced in my 15 years of life here. Roads were closed. Tons of accidents. I was talking to a friend, and it took him 2 hours and 20 minutes to drive 20 miles. Crazy, right? It's insane. 

My mom was driving me to school, well, she ATTEMPTED to drive me to school. After driving for an hour and only covering about 10 miles of our 25 mile trip, we just gave up and went home. 

So now I am working on one of my projects for school and listening to XXYYXX. I don't listen to electronic music that often, probably because I'm not always in the mood to listen to it. However, my boyfriend (who is a giant fan of electronic music) is starting to rub off on me. Plus, it's great working music. You can just turn it up super loud, bob your head to the music, and work on whatever you're working on. Unless you're reading. Then it's super hard. I find it insanely difficult to read with any noise in the background, but I feel like that's probably just me, be it that most people I know can read with music and screaming people in the background.
What I really like about XXYYXX is that they have weird, cute vocals in the background. They are repetitive, yes, but not the kind of repetitive that makes you want to rip out your hair and shove it into your ears. The beats are fresh, and it's not that super overwhelming type of electronic music that they play at raves (or at least I think they don't. I don't go to raves. I'm sheltered). 

So if you're having a super rainy day and you're stuck at home like am, be productive with some cool electronic music playing in the background. It'll brighten up your life. 

Have a fantastic day,
Stevie 

No comments:

Post a Comment